Sweet Paneer Chips
Thick paneer is slightly frozen and grated into big chips. Sugar is heated and made into thick gooey syrup
- Paneer 2 Cups (grated)
- Sugar 1 Cup
- Ghee 1/4 tsp
Instructions for method of preparation:
- Freeze the paneer until little hard.
- Grate the paneer using thick side of the grater into long chips.
- Heat sugar, ghee and quarter cup of water in a pan.
- Boil till sugar melts and starts to caramelize.
- Once the sugar is thick and forms a very soft ball when dropped into water, remove from heat.
- Carefully add the grated paneer with minimal stirring.
- Once it cools down to room temperature, put the paneer chips on absorbent paper.
- Store sweet paneer chips in a jar and refrigerate and serve as required.
Tips for making perfect!
Thick paneer is slightly frozen and grated into big chips. Sugar is heated and made into thick gooey syrup.
The paneer chips are then caramelized with the sugar syrup. Once cooled, serve paneer chips as a desert.
Makes: around 2 Cups Sweet Paneer Chips
Notes: Make sure to get the sugar syrup right.
Suggestions: Make sure paneer is frozen just enough and good to be grated.