Biography / Biodata
|Name||Lakshmi Rai / Lakshmi Roy|
|Date of Birth||5th May 1989|
|Birth Place||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Father Name||Ram Rai|
|Sisters Name||Reshma, Ashwini [ elders]|
|Tamil First movie||Karka Kasadara , 2005|
|Telugu debut film||Kanchanamala Cable TV , 2005|
|Malayalam debut film||Rock N Roll , 2007|
|Profession||Actress , Model|
Lakshmi Rai (Kannada: 05 May 1989 ) is an Indian actress from Belgaum, Karnataka. Her family originally hails from mangalore. She belongs to the BUNT community of mangalore.
She has appeared in South Indian films, mostly Tamil language & Malayalam films. Most notably, there have been some media reports that she has been linked romantically to Indian cricketer Sreesanth and then also with indian captain MS Dhoni. She was also involved in some sex scandals according to media reports. She was a model before entering the film fraternity. She has modeled in several ads such as Bru coffee, Saravana’s stores and Fair and Lovely. Her portrayal of her role as Aarthi in the film Dhaam Dhoom was widely appreciated by the audience.
|Kanchanamala Cable TV||Kanchana||Telugu|
|Rock N Roll||Daya Sreenivas||Malayalam|
|2008||Velli Thirai||Lakshmi Rai||Tamil|
|Dhaam Dhoom||Aarthi Chinappa||Tamil||Nominated, Filmfare Best Tamil Supporting Actress Award|
|2009||2 Harihar Nagar||Maya||Malayalam|
|Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam||Tamil||Filming|
|Naan Avanillai 2||Tamil||Filming|
Hot facts in Biography
- Lakshmi Rai is a famous south Indian actress in demand who is actively working in Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada movies. She was doing modelling before coming to movies.
- The hot tamil actress Lakshmi Rai has been romantically linked with cricketers Sreesanth and MS Dhoni. It was reported that they made some public appearances also.
- The glamorous tamil actress was crowned ‘Miss Belgaum‘ in 2003 and retained the title with her hot beauty from 2003 to 2004.
- Lakshmi Rai started her career as a child artist at the age of eight years, appearing for some ads shot in Belgaum.
- Her father Ram Rai is a businessman and her mother Manjula is a housewife. She has two elder sisters Reshma and Ashwini, who have no interest in films.
- The actress was born in Bangalore and brought up in Belgaum karnataka. Her mother tongue is Kannada
Tamil actress Lakshmi Rai quotes
- ‘Today’s youth who come to films want to see glamourous heroines. I want to catch their attention and win their hearts. I will be sensuous and sexy but not vulgar on screen. Once you have come to films then you should not draw any barriers.’
- ‘I’m just an actress. When I’m on the sets, I’m not Lakshmi Rai. I’m the character. So, I really don’t find anything strange about playing those roles or acting in kissing scenes.’
- ‘In the beginning no doubt glamour helps one to get noted. After establishing myself, I would venture to do roles that will allow me to perform. In the actor-driven industry, I consider glamour an integral part of the industry. But it should not be a mere skin show.’
- ‘I haven’t dreamt of becoming an actress. But my participation in school dramas and dances has led me into the Padmini School of acting, which initially led me into modeling and later into the film industry.’
- ‘I had developed some kind of obsession towards arts, be it dancing, stage shows or even modeling. I was successful to a certain extent too. Everybody told me that I would for sure get a chance in films without any difficulty, which happened just like that.’
- ‘I am aiming to work a lot in Tamil Cinema and become numero one some day. For this, I would be always careful to chose my film and maintain my body and also reputation.’
- ‘Ours is very close knit family. We are three sisters. I am the youngest and hence the most pampered girl. Whenever we are at home we have our share of fights and fun. I am Lush to my sisters while my mother calls me Lucky. My father had expected the last kid to be a boy and so he calls me Krishna’
Lakshmi Rai photos