|Birth name||Kevin Peter Pietersen|
|Date of Birth||27th June 1980|
|Birth Place||Pietermaritzburg, Natal, South Africa|
|Nationality||South Africa, England|
|Family||Father – Penny
Mother – Janie
Brothers – Tony, Greg and Bryan
Wife – Taylor (Liberty X Singer)
|Education||College – Maritz burg College, University of SA|
|Major teams||England, Hampshire, ICC World XI, KwaZulu-Natal, Natal, Nottinghamshire|
|Style||Batting: Right-hand bat
Bowling: Right-arm off break
|Marriage Date||29th December 2007|
|Career Highlights||Selected to play for England and made captain|
|Debut||ODI – Zimbabwe v England at Harare, Nov 28, 2004
Test – England v Australia at Lord’s, Jul 21-24, 2005
T20I – England v Australia at Southampton, Jun 13, 2005
|Captaincy||Was appointed captain in Aug 2008. He later resigned captaincy, in Jan 2009, following an infamous dispute with the coach Peter Moores.|
|ODI Shirt No||24|
|Superstition||Always put his left hand pad on first|
|Moment would like to forget||When he broke his leg against Glamorgan (August 2002)|
|Admires||Shaun Pollock, Errol Stewart|
|Other sports||Played – Golf, swimming (represented his state in 1992-93), running Followed – Formula One (Ferrari), Rugby (Natal Sharks), running|
|Awards||* Named both the ICC ODI Player of the Year and Emerging Player (2005)
* One of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Year (2005) for his role in the successful Ashes series against Australia.
* Decorated in the 2006 New Year Honors list along with the rest of the England team.
* Awarded the MBE for his role in the successful Ashes series (2006).
* Wisden Cricketer of the Year 2006
* Time magazine named him as one of the Asian Heroes (2006)
|Relaxed Moments||Spending time with family and traveling abroad|
|Role Model||Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne|
|Achievements||Scored his second Lords’ Test hundred in the 1st Test v West Indies and followed this up with career best test score to date of 226 in the 2nd Test at Headingly, winning Man of the Match award in the process. Only Sir Donald Bradman has scored more Test runs in his first 25 Tests.|
|Known for||Enthusiastic, Bold-minded, big-hitting, Instinctive and Entertaining batting|
|Innovative Shot||The switch-hit|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Virtual Golf|
|His quotes||“Every person in the world needs to be treated exactly the same and that should have included me”|
|Belief||He believes that God has mapped his life out for him.|
* Fastest century by an England player (69 balls)
* Fastest batsman to reach 1000 and 2000 runs.
* English batsman to top the ICC One-day International rankings
* Selected for 1st Ashes Test at Lords. Plays pivotal role in series, culminating in match saving 158 at the Oval as England win the Ashes.
* Scores 158 in his second Test at Lords in 1st Test v Sri Lanka.
* Scores 142 in second Test v Sri Lanka at Edgbaston. His third century in successive Test innings in England propels him into the World Top 10 rankings for the first time
Test Matches :
|Noticed for||His unusual haircuts, bold-minded, robust attitude|
|Plays cricket because||“I hate dressing neat and smart. I am a very hyperactive person; I cannot sit behind a desk for long – that’s why I play cricket, so I don’t have to dress in a collar and tie all day.”|
|Autobiography||“Crossing the boundary”|
|About him||Geoffrey Boycott:
“Pietersen is cocky and confident. I love it ”Ford:
“Competitiveness has been the driving force in Kevin Pietersen’s life from his days as a junior cricketer in a small primary school in Pietermaritzburg,” and referred as “The Last Outpost of the British Empire in South Africa”.
* Woodworm Cricket Company
* Red Bull
* CITIZEN Eco Drive
* NPower’s grassroots cricket initiative – Urban Cricket
* The News of the World
|Facts||* His father is an Afrikaner and his mother is an English woman.
* Because of racial quota system in South Africa he moved to England to play cricket.
* He is the second Hampshire player to captain England.
* He wears diamond studs in his ears.
* He drinks a can of Red bull (an energy drink) each time before going out to bat.