|Nick names||Noukita, Sushi, Pirelli, Pampoush|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1981|
|Family||Father: Ravi Shankar
Mother: Sukanya Shankar
Half sister: Norah Jones
|School||High school: Encinitas, California, USA
Also studied in London and Delhi
|Debut||Music: Recorded her first album at age 13
Actress:Dance Like a Man
|Instrument||Earlier it was piano but now sitar|
|Awards||British Parliament awarded her with a House of Commons Shield|
|Book||The Love of my Life, an intimate biographical portrait of her father|
|Languages||* Talks French with her father
* Tamil with her mother
|Rise||Her half sister Norah Jones and her father have performed on this CD.|
|Favourite books||Books: Ayn Rand books, Roald Dahl’s children’s books and the Mahabharata. She used to read a lot of Archie’s as well
Food: Indian,Thai and Italian
Sports: basketball and soccer
|Hobbies||Writing and dancing|
|Favourite ragas||Bageshri, Yaman Manj, Mishra Piloo|
|Loves to hear||mainly a lot of Goa trance and Israeli trance, drum and bass, Western classical, flamenco and mellow chill out stuff|
|Anouksha||* Anoushka is a Russian name meaning “Little Anna”
* Her mother named her after the actress Anoushka Hempel
|Terrifying||making a mistake and having her father hear it.|
|If she joins college||she would like to study English, French and/or psychology|
|First crush||Pritham, her mother’s friend’s son|
|George harrison||She was with him in November 2001 at George Harrison’s bedside on the day before he died.|
|Future of music||Feels that music is now trying to get out of its borders and the young musicians are playing a major role in doing so|
|Her father||“…I am waiting for the time when I will be called Anoushka’s father… Anoushka has indeed a rare talent… there is something spiritual in the way she plays… she feels the music and gives in to it.”|
|Facts||* Was chosen as one of 20 Asian Heroes by the Asia edition of Time magazine.
*A supporter of animal rights and People for the Ethical Treatments of Animals (PETA).
* In February 2000, she became the first woman to perform at The Ramakrishna Centre in Calcutta* Anoushka was introduced to Norah when she was 16 and Norah was 18.
* Her mother was a tampura player to Pandit Ravi Shankar
* Anoushka was on the very first cover of the Indian edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
* Her debut performance was to celebrate her father’s 75th birthday
* Was a homecoming queen
* She became the first Indian to play at the Grammy Awards when she performed a piece from the CD at the pre-telecast ceremony in February 2006.
|Residences||* San Diego, US
|Manager’s email||E_Blackbur[email protected]|