|Birth Name||Anil Radhakrishna Kumble|
|Date of Birth||17th October 1970|
|Birth place||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Education||Mechanical Engineering from Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (1992)|
|Family||Father – KN Krishna Swamy
Mother – Saroja
Brother – Dinesh Kumble (Computer Engineer)
Wife – Chethana Ramatheertha
Daughters – Aaruni, Svasti
Son – Mayas
|Languages known||English, Hindi, Kannada|
|Debut||Test – India Vs England at Old Trafford, Manchester (1990)
ODI – India Vs Sri Lanka at Sharjah (1989/90)
Twenty20 Debut – Gloucestershire v Surrey at Bristol (2006)
|Style||Bowling – Right-arm leg break
Batting – Right-handed
|Teams||Major – India, Asia XI, Bangalore Royal Challengers, Karnataka, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Surrey
Local – Karnataka
|Favorite venue||Feroz Shah Kotla Ground, Delhi|
|Last matches||Test – India Vs Australia (29th October 2008)
ODI – India Vs Bermuda (19 March 2007)
|Career Statistics||Matches :
Test – 132 (619 Wickets)
ODI – 271 (337 Wickets)
|Position held||Captain of the Indian Test cricket team|
|Famous for his||* Googly
|Known for||Tireless Bowling (once bowled 72 overs in a test innings)|
|Awards||* Arjuna award from the Government of India (1995)
* One among the Wisden Cricketers of the Year (1996)
* Padma Shri Award from the Government of India (2005)
|Honor||An intersection in M. G. Road, Bangalore has been named after him.|
|Endorsements||* Indigo Nation
* Manipal Education
* ING Vysya
|Often criticized for||Not being a great turner of the ball early in his career.|
|Achievements||* One of two bowlers in the history to have taken all 10 wickets in a Test innings
* The highest wicket-taker from ODIs and Tests in India.
* One of the 3 spinners and the only Indian bowler ever to have taken 5 wickets in a test innings 25 times and taken 10 wickets in a match 6 times.
* One of the 2 Indian bowlers and one of only 2 spinners to have taken over 300 ODI wickets.
* Second player to score 2000 runs and take over 500 Test wickets.
* Second fastest Indian bowler to reach 100 test wickets (in 21 test matches)
* Second highest wicket taker among leg spinners in Test cricket.
* Third spinner in the history of test cricket to have captured 400 test wickets.
*Third in the list of highest wicket-takers.
|Quotes||* “I have no regrets. Whatever happens, happens for good. I have done everything I could on a cricket field. 10 wickets in a match… A century… 600 wickets… Captaincy… I have done everything.”
* “You should always play every match like it is the last match… because you never know what will happen next.”
|About him||Arjuna Ranatunga (Cricket Player) :
“If Kumble was born in Australia or England, he would have got much more prominence in world cricket considering his superb record in both forms of the game. Kumble is definitely the best role model for any youngster entering the game.”
Sachin Tendulkar (Cricket Player) :
Rahul Dravid (Cricket Player) :
Kapil Dev (Cricket Player) :
Ian Chappell (Former Australian captain) :
|Facts||* His surname is from his native village Kumble, Kasaragod district of Kerala.
* In his childhood days he used to play cricket on the streets before joining the Young cricketers club in Bangalore.
* Passed Mechanical Engineering with distinction.
* Started his bowling career as a medium-pacer.