|Date of Birth||June 4, 1959|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, India|
|Family||Father : Dhirubhai Hirachand Ambani
Mother : Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani
Brother: Mukesh Ambani
Sisters: Dipti and Nina
Wife: Tina Ambani
Sister-in-law: Nita Ambani
Sons: Jai Anmol and Jai Anshul.
|Education||* University of Bombay, Bachelor of Arts / Science
* University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, Master of Business Administration
|Debut||He joined Reliance in 1983 as Co-Chief Executive Officer marketing and fundraising.|
|Net worth||US$45 billion|
|Member||* Wharton Board of Overseers, The Wharton School, USA
* Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
* Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
* Executive Board, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
|MP||Anil was Rajya Sabha MP From June 2004 – March 25, 2006.|
|Chairman||Reliance Communications, Reliance Capital, Reliance Energy and Reliance Natural Resources Limited.|
|Award||* Voted ‘the Businessman of the Year’ in a poll conducted by The Times of India December 2006
* Voted the ‘Best role model’ among business leaders in the bi-annual Mood of the Nation poll conducted by India Today magazine, August 2006
* Conferred ‘the CEO of the Year 2004’ in the Platts Global Energy Awards
* MTV Youth Icon of the Year in September 2003
* Conferred ‘The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award’ by the Bombay Management Association, October 2002
* Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) in recognition of his contribution to the establishment of Reliance as a global leader in many of its business areas, December 2001
*Selected by Asia week magazine for its list of ‘Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance’ and was introduced as the only ‘new hero’ in Business and Finance from India, June 1999
|Asset||His biggest asset is his 65% stake in telecom venture Reliance Communications|
|Car||* Yellow Lambourghini
* White Lexus
* Land Rover
|Mukesh||* As their father did not leave a will their mother brokered a peace settlement breaking up the family’s assets.
* The two estranged brothers work different hours, so rarely meet in the elevator. Anil arrives at work by helicopter at his business park by 9.30am and returns about 12 hours later. Mukesh starts at midday and finishes by midnight.
* Battling him in court over a gas-supply agreement.
* Listed as the sixth richest man in the world next only to his brother by Forbes magazine.
|Food||Likes hot spicy food|
|Facts||* He recently raised $3 billion from the highly anticipated initial offering of his Reliance Power, the biggest in India’s history.
* He once weighed 115kgs, but upon being ridiculed for his weight in a boardroom meeting, he lost weight and is now a self-proclaimed “fitness freak.”* Devout Hindu
* Never drinks or smokes.
|Business address||Reliance Infocomm Limited,
I Block, 2nd Floor,
Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City,
Navi Mumbai – 400710, India