Naiyaandi is an upcoming Indian Tamil comedy film written and directed by Sargunam. The film features Dhanush and Nazriya Nazim in the lead roles.
According to sources, the movie is the Romantic love story between a Kuthu Vilaku shop owner and a BDS student.
The shooting of Dhanush’s ‘Naiyaandi’ is progressing at a brisk pace. The latest news is that the audio launch is likely to happen during September.
Music for the film is scored by Ghibran of ‘Vaagai Sooda Vaa’ and ‘Vathikuchi’ fame.
Dhanush has sung a song for his upcoming film ‘Naiyaandi’. Ghibran is scoring music for the film. Dhanush has tweeted “”Singing a song for Nayyandi today.
The film has received ‘U’ certificate from Central Board of Film Certification and set to be released on 11 October 2013.
Directed by Sargunam
Produced by S. Kathiresan
Screenplay, Story: Sargunam
Star Cast: Dhanush as Chinna Vandu ,Nazriya Nazim as Vanaroja, Saranya Ponvannan, Vamsi Krishna, Soori, Satish, Lakshmi Ramakrishnan, Ashvin Raja, Pyramid Natrajan, Sabari Ashok, Sachu, Sriman, Singampuli, Imman Annachi
Editing: Raja Mohammed
Studio: Five Star Films
Distributed by sun pictures
Though Sargunam’s claim to fame was Kalavani, his critically acclaimed Vaagai Sooda Vaa proved that he is a layered and nuanced filmmaker.
With Naiyaandi though, he is tracing his roots back to comedy with Dhanush and Nazriya Nazim in the lead. Here is why you shouldn’t miss Naiyaandi.
- There is Dhanush. If that’s not enough, there’s Dhanush in a comic avatar after a long, long time. We all know how sparkling he can get in comedy. It might do him some good after all those intense roles (read Raanjhanaa, Maryan). And us too.
- And then there is Sargunam – with two well received movies (one commercially and another one critically), this could well be his hat-trick if it worked out.
- You have seen her and loved her in Raja Rani. Nazriya is back and she is in a full-fledged lead role in Naiyaandi. What with her huge fan following online, she is turning out to be a social media super star.
- There is the emerging comedy favorite – Soori. He might not be Tamil cinema’s answer to Santhanam but he is good nevertheless.
- There is good music by Ghibran and the Teddy Bear song refuses to get out of our heads. We think songs are going to be a highlight of the movie.
- Lastly, the exciting trailer seems to be doing its rounds in the internet and is quite a hit. Only a preamble of what is to come.