Actor Siddharth‘s Udhayam NH4 and Radha Mohan‘s Gouravam are releasing this weekend (April 19) along with Devayani‘s Thirumathi Tamizh.
The movies will face less competition in the first week. But, next week has 3 movies including ‘Ethir Neechal‘ slated for release.
‘Udhayam NH4’ has Siddharth and debutante Ashrita Shetty in the lead roles. The movie is directed by Manimaran, a former associate of director Vetrimaaran. Vetrimaaran has written the story and screenplay for the film. Going by the trailers, the movie is touted to be an action entertainer. The visuals look slick and promising.
- Siddharth has now started to focus on the Tamil film industry. Even though his ‘Nootrenbadhu’ did not do well at the box-office, Kadhalil Sodhapuvadhu Yeppadi’s success helped him get back to Tamil industry. The success of Udhayam NH4 is important for him to keep the momentum going for his next film ‘Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru’
- Hit music by GV Prakash Kumar is an added advantage to the film. ‘Yaaro Ivan’ and ‘Ora Kannala’ have already become chartbusters.
- Red Giant Movies is distributing the film and the movie will have a wide release across over 250 screens in Tamil Nadu.
- On the downside, does Vetrimaran’s cautious tweet after the censor show (“Udhayam NH4 is a simple film… View the film without any expectation.”) show lack of confidence or is he intentionally under promising so he can surprise viewers on the upside? We will know soon…
Allu Sirish and Yami Gautam of ‘Vicky Donor‘ fame are making their debuts in Kollywood with this film. Directed by Radha Mohan, the movie is produced by Prakash Raj.
Prakash Raj plays a vital role in the film.
- Radha Mohan and Prakash Raj have a reputation of delivering quality films before. Gouravam deals with the sensitive issues of honour killing and it would be interesting to see how they have handled the subject.
- While watching the trailers, one might feel there is a strong ‘dubbed film’ feel to it.
- Music is by Thaman. The songs appear average on the first listen and unfortunately not catchy enough to ensure a strong opening.
This is Devayani‘s comeback movie with her husband Rajakumaran (aka Solar Star) who is acting and directing the movie.
The above poster says it all.
Udhayam NH4 has much stronger buzz and wide release compared to Gouravam. Both ‘Udhayam NH4‘ and ‘Gouravam‘ will find their own set of audience if they click. It is important for the word of mouth to be loud and clear to survive the forces of IPL and Ethir Neechal.