Action and romance dominated the 58th Idea Filmfare Awards 2013 held in Mumbai last night at Yash Raj Studios.. Ranbir Kapoor and Vidya Balan bagged the best actor honors for their splendid performance in ‘Barfi‘ and ‘Kahaani‘.
Anurag Kashyap‘s desi take on Godfather – Gangs of Waseypur, Anurag Basu’s sweet romantic ‘Barfi‘ and Sujoy Gosh‘s gripping thriller ‘Kahaani‘ dominated the B-town mega Awards night yesterday. Barfi won the Best Film at the awards. Kahaani won five awards including best director for Sujoy Ghosh. Music director Pritam won both the Best Background Score and Best Music Director awards for Barfi‘s superb score. ‘Barfi!’ had won the maximum nominations, including for best film, best actor, best actress and best director. Yash Chopra‘s last directorial ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan‘ followed close behind.
The first trophy of the night went to Manoshi Nath and Rushi Sharma for Best Costume in Shanghai. Anushka Sharma and Annu Kapoor clinched the awards for Best Actors in a Supporting Role (Female and Male) for ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan‘ and Vicky Donor. Juhi Chaturvedi won the Best Writer for Vicky Donor. Sanjay Chouhan and Tigmanshu Dhulia won the Best Screenplay for the much applauded Paan Singh Tomar, a narration of an outlawed athlete. Anurag Kashyap, Akhilesh Jaiswal, Sachin K Ladia and Zeishan Qadri won the Filmfare award for Best Dialogue for Gangs of Wasseypur.
The Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor Female and Male went to Richa Chaddha for Gangs Of Wasseypur and Irrfan for Paan Singh Tomar. Award for Best Film (Critics) went to Anurag Kashyap’s Gangs Of Wasseypur. Ayushmann Khurrana (Vicky Donor), Ileana D’cruz (Barfi), and Gauri Shinde (English Vinglish) won the best Male, Female and Director debuts respectively. The awards paid tribute to the late Yash Chopra with a posthumous Lifetime Achievement Award.
The award for Best Sound Design went to Sanjay Maurya and Allwin Rego for Kahaani and award for Best Production Design went to Rajat Podar for Barfi. Two major awards for Kahaani came from the talented Namrata Rao bagging the Best Editing title and Sethu winning Best Cinematography. Award for the Best Playback Singer (Female) went to Shalmali Kholgade for the song Pareshaan in Ishaqzaade and Award for the Best Playback Singer (Male) went to the versatile Ayushmann Khurrana (Paani Da Rang) in ‘Vicky Donor.’
Filmfare Award for Best Action went to Sham Kaushal for Gangs of Wasseypur and Best Choreography to Bosco-Caesar for the super fun song Aunty Ji from ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu‘. Neeti Mohan won the RD Burman Award. Gulzar won the Best Lyrics award for Challa in Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Barfi also won the Sony Trendsetter of the Year award.
Here is the list of the winners
- Best Actor – Ranbir Kapoor (Barfi!)
- Best Actress – Vidya Balan ( Kahaani)
- Best Film – Barfi!
- Best Director – Sujoy Ghosh (Kahaani)
- Best Dialogue – Anurag Kashyap, Akhilesh Jaiswal, Sachin K Ladia, Zeishan Qadri (Gangs of Wasseypur)
- Best Screenplay – Sanjay Chouhan & Tigmanshu Dhulia (Paan Singh Tomar)
- Best Story – Juhi Chaturvedi (Vicky Donor)
- Best Supporting Actor (Male) – Annu Kapoor (Vicky Donor) Best Supporting Actor (Female) Anushka Sharma (Jab Tak Hai Jaan)
- Best Music Director – Pritam (Barfi!)
- Best Lyrics – Gulzar (Challa), Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Best Playback (Male) – Ayushmann Khurrana (Paani Da Rang) (Vicky Donor)
- Best Playback (Female) – Shalmali Kholgade (Pareshaan) ( Ishaqzaade) RD Burman Award For Upcoming Talent In Music Neeti Mohan (Jiya Re) (Jab Tak Hain Jaan) Lifetime Achievement Award Yash Chopra Sony Trendsetter Of The Year Barfi!
- Best Debut (Male) – Ayushmann Khurrana (Vicky Donor)
- Best Debut (Female) – Ileana D’Cruz (Barfi!)
- Best Debut (Director) – Gauri Shinde (English Vinglish)
- Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Male) – Irrfan Khan (Paan Singh Tomar)
- Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Female) – Richa Chadda (Gangs of Wasseypur)
- Critics’ Award for Best Film – Gangs of Wasseypur
FILMFARE TECHNICAL AWARDS
- Best Action – Sham Kaushal (Gangs Of Wasseypur)
- Best Cinematography – Setu (Kahaani)
- Best Editing – Namrata Rao (Kahaani)
- Best Production Design – Rajat Podar (Barfi!)
- Best Sound Design – Sanjay Maurya & Allwin Rego (Kahaani)
- Best Costume Design – Manoshi Nath & Rushi Sharma ( Shanghai)
- Best Choreography – Bosco-Caesar (Aunty Ji – Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu)
- Best Background Score – Pritam (Barfi!)