Aishwarya Rai has become a popular and familiar face at the Cannes Film Festival. She has made 10 consecutive appearances at the Cannes film festival. From 2002 to 2011 she was regularly a part of the jury at the festival. Just for the record, she is going to the Cannes this year too! What scares us is, Aishwarya Rai’s attire. For some reason, this gorgeous diva loses her sense of fashion when it comes to Cannes!
Ash has not yet lost all her post pregnancy fat and that is another odd against her Cannes fashion statement. Here are some of the worst clothes Aishwarya Rai has chosen till date for her Cannes appearances.
Aishwarya Rai At Cannes: 5 Fashion Disasters
- Where it all started, 2002: When Aishwarya Rai went to Cannes for the first time, she was young and so we can excuse her sunflower yellow saree that was too bright for the eyes. She teamed up the bright saree with an old fashioned gold jewellery that weighed tons!
- Was It Indo Western? 2003: Aishwarya Rai’s Indo western style clothes was a fashion disaster. It was neither traditionally Indian nor exactly western and the blend was just not there.
- Puppy Fat, 2004: The shimmering white and weirdly scooped gown did not do much to hide her tummy fat in the Cannes, 2004.
- Transparent But Not Sexy, 2005: I guess Ash’s obsession with being different resulted in most of her fashion disasters. In 2005, the semi-transparent black dress did no good in making Aishwarya look presentable at the Cannes.
- Was It A Sweater? 2011: Aishwarya Rai‘s clothes were getting steadily better from 2006 to 2010, but last year came another shock. The nude coloured gown might have looked good if it was not woven like a blotchy sweater.
What Should Aiswarya Rai Wear At Cannes in 2012: Indian or western?
There are not many options for her designers this year. Considering the fact that she has not yet lost all her post pregnancy fat, gowns are out of question. And she should definitely get out of the sack like Anarkali dresses she has been wearing to all events. Sarees would be best to tone down the extra pounds. She should probably try long sleeved blouses because her arms have become heavy. The necklines need to be deeply cut to show some skin; the closed necks she has been wearing gives her a suffocated look.
The Cannes film festival is due in May. Hopefully, Ash will manage to lose some weight by then. Lets hope Aishwarya Rai at Cannes makes us fashionably proud this year. After all, the gorgeous Kareena Kapoor will be there to give her competition!