Today i found nice article about “Endhiran: The Robot – Scientific Facts“, which is excellent and worth for sharing! This article is published by Arulselvan.
ENDHIRAN SCIENTIFIC FACTS – Part 1
As rightly said by our thalaivar(I will mention only Rajini as “thalaivar” because of high passionate over him)in the audio function that watching Endhiran is experience. I hope at this time almost 80% of the audience will got this experience(hopefully in theatres). So it is not the time to review this movie and saying movie is 100% perfect. Because all the media’s starting from NDTV ending with bloggers were saying that it was the best ever movie will take Indian cinema to the next level.
Now come to the topic, may be many of the people still think I don’t find anything special in the movie. For those people and the others who are still having questions with the logics in the movie I am creating this article in a question answer format. If you have any further more questions please visit my blog and ask the questions in the comments section because those valuable comments are boost to all blog writers. It a technical bonus to all.
– Arul Selvan
Let us go to the question and answer
1. Who is Isaac Asimov mentioned in the movie?
Isaac Asimov is the father of robotics who created three laws for the robotics. All the robots which are created should follow his rules. All the three laws has the basic concept that robot should not harm the human beings.
2. How come Chitti suddenly uses staking rollers in foot in railway tracks?
In the robotic conference scene, Vaseegaran said that chitti, the robot has an inbuilt vehicle. So he uses the inbuilt vehicle on a track.
3. How it is possible to program all the words in a language to robot?
Yes, It is not possible to program all the words in a language to robot. In the scene when chitti was driving vaseegaran to the park he don’t put the break, Auto driver come and say “Savugraki”. Chitti suddenly utters “New word Savugraki”. So chitti also don’t know some words in the language.
4. Your answer to Q3 you are saying new word will not be used by Chitti, but when Aishwariya saying I wasted the time and I don’t know what to do for tomorrow exam. Chitti using the word “Zigbee” showing with victory symbol?
Hi “Zigbee: is a word. Zigbee is the protocol for USB3.0 transmitter which is used for the high tech bit in the exam in the film.
5. How Chitti charges himself in the train scene and come to save Aishwarya? Because at that time he has no feelings.
Your question should be answered in two ways.
Robot is programmed in such a way that it should automatically charge during low battery time. It is explained in the train scene,as soon as he get down with the low battery he falls down searching for a plug point….and thats why he catches a rowdy’s xyz part and he falls…..as soon has he was threw out of the train….he picks up the current box and charges himself…..even in boom boom song….shankar has showed a scene that robot charges himself (that time only santh & karunz ties his shoes together).
In the second way, if you watch the previous scene carefully while Aish caught on copying, and she will say CHITTI as mental. But chitti will say at that time “Incomplete task”. So he will go to the roof and use vision technology for copying.
In the same method the task was incomplete for chitti when he fell down from the train so he charged up himself with the battery to save Aishwariya rai.
6. In the Black sheep scene how chitti saying that vassegaran will be here after Aishwarya rai touches one of the two fingers?
In the previous scene Aishwariya rai put her engagement ring on to chitti’s hand. So when chitti is asked to touch one of his fingers, she touches the finger with ring. So he realizes vassegaran will be here.
7. Titanium can withhold 1000 degrees but when its got heated it temperature will increases to 600 degrees so when chitti is holding the girl and infant with his hand probably she will be die? Explain this logic.
When Chitti running to save the people from fire, Coolant valves activated message will appear. Probably this will rapidly cool the titanium. These kind of messages used so brilliantly throughout the film. For example, After the robot seminar, when bunch of girls ask for photo, when they take photo with chitti, when the flash comes, chitti display shows ‘vision blur’ and that method was used in climax fight also.
8. The girl at the fire accident scene does not wear the dress as soon as fire comes?
It is clearly shown in the film that girl clothes will got ruined in fire as soon as the chitty enters into the bathroom.
9. How does Chitti says the blood group of Dr.Vasi just in a sight while he sees the drop in the floor?
Chitti has inbuilt blood scanner and during checking the blood group ,Chitti message will show as analyzing DNA.
10. Is talking to mosquito a silly scene?
Some people claim that talking with mosquito is a silly scene. But languages and tones will have different frequencies. So when he speaking with mosquitoes the change in frequency message will appear. (This is also excellent thinking by writer Sujatha who will explain global recession in a single word to the comman man. He just want to explain the comman man what Robot can do.) Also the scene makes people and children aware of the water borne desesases spread by mosquitoes. Now you tell… Is that a silly scene?
11. In the climax scene a group of students would visit the dismantled Robot and one girl asks why he was dismantled. Just at that moment she sees the robot respond to it by saying “Naan sindhikka aarambichutten!”. And within a blink of her eye she sees everything to be normal. Explain what they try to explain?
Infact that is a puzzle to the audience, did the Robot really dismantle himself? Or did he really use his brain which had the ability to think and is just acting as if he is passive? Or was it just an assumption of that little Girl.
12. Whether this is copy of any Hollywood film?
Oliver stone the winner of 3 Oscar awards for direction said to the reporters it is the best Indian film I had seen with such originality.
13. Came to know film is going to released in Japanese? Whether any news on that?
“Irumbile oru idhayam” song, starts with the lines “arigato ozaimas” that means, “Thank you so much” in Japanese. (I am little unsure about this. – Sundar)
14. How much this film grossed worldwide so far?
Rupees 338 crores at the finish of third week.
15. Chitti IP address “184.108.40.206” is the IP address of “VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS, WASHINGTON DC”? Why it is used like that?
I do also not know about this. If anyone knowing the answer please put in the comments.
16. In Robotic conference,Scientists anouncing that Vaseegaran done ph.D in Carnegie melon.What is that?
Carnegie melon is in US. This is the no.1 university for Robotics in the world.
17. Is there anything special about Rasool pookuty sound editing?
Yes. In all the scenes chitty is moving hands, walking and any movement machine sound will appear all the time. (like kirk Kirk).
18. How many teams worked in the Endhiran film?
Really I do not know about this. But last time I seen the film after the Endhiran making I found that credits after the endhiran movie will run for exact 14 minutes. So that much work involved in the movie.
19. How chitty able to read the book without opening the books?
When chitty doing like this 3D scan doc message will displayed in the screen. So this is may be 3D scanning.
20. The Robot used in the Endhiran charges itself with AC (Power socker.near Railway line) then how it charge itself with DC in the climax (Using car battery)???
May be Robot has built in invertor. If anyone have clear idea please put it in comments.
21.Chitti can be dismantled just by using the axe. Then how can it is possible for chitti to move the lorries. (Question asked in Anatha vikatan Endhiran review)?
This is useless question. They should go to automotive manufacturing companies to see how the small robots will lift the car and lorries to some distance. All the big machines will have simple nut and bolts only for dismantle.
22. What’s the reason for such a mega success of this film?
Right packaging by Shankar, Stunning Music by Rahman and above all ITS OUR ONE AND ONLY SUPERSTAR the reason for this movie’s astounding success. He’s the only mantra for making profit more than 100 crores in Indian film.
With this I am signing off.
ENDHIRAN SCIENTIFIC FACTS-2
My posting about “Endhiran scientific facts” received a warm welcome. So this given me lot of confidence for writing “Endhiran scientific facts 2”.
Get Ready folks.
1. In chitti introduction scene, Chitti says “Hello world”. Why chitti is using this words?
For every assembly programming language the first output of the program will be “Hello World”. So if you are watching chitti as a programmed machine you will get so many logics behind it.
2. Chitti is only a robot but how he does the magic of taking control over the remote of raghav in the music set scene.
Hi all remotes are operating in infrared. So Chitti taken the control of music set using his infrared port, it is not possible for any other remote to use.
It is just like transferring the data to other phone using infra red. At a time only one port can be accessed.
3. Why Bohra is giving another life to chitti using same Vaseegaran mask?
It is just clear from the movie Bohra wants to ruin the name of the vaseegaran .So he is using the same mask what vaseegaran used with the help of karunas and sandanam.
4. How chitti jumps from the water in to the bridge in the train scene. Because bridge is not made of magnetic objects .It is only made up of stone?
I too not clear about this logic. If anyone knowing please post it in comments.
5. What is the qualification of Dr.Vassegaran mentioned during robotics conference?
He done Post doctorate in robotics in Stanford University (No 1 research institute in World located in US)Also he done PhD in Robotics in Carnegie Melon University (No 1 robotics institute in World located in US).
6. When Karunas and santhanam are drinking, Chitti will be displaying a message peripheral trouble shooting. What is that?
It is just an external devices connected with the chitti. Like Scanner, printers and other external sources. He is just troubleshooting all before the AIRD approval. 7. In Robotic conference one person asking whether 24157817 is a Fibonacci number? What is that?
Fibonacci numbers are 0 and 1, and each subsequent number is the sum of the previous two. So after 0 and 1 the next Fibonacci is 1,2,3,5 and so on.
But chitti will be saying it is 22nd Fibonacci. But it is wrong. It is actually 37th Fibonacci number. If anyone knowing why they are saying like this please put it in comments.
8. When calculating the largest prime number chitti is saying it will take some years for us to calculate? Is that true?
Yes. The largest prime number is M44. The previous one M43 discovered on November 2005. But the next one M44 discovered on September 2006. So this takes 10 months. So from calculating from 1 it will take some years.
9. Which processor is having the capacity of 1 zeta byte memory and 1 terahz speed?
The processor name is Pentium ultra core millennia v2. This was explained to bohra by chitti in robotic conference scene. Film unit take ultimate care for showing this more advanced than terminator.
10. How chitti is running so fast without vibration and not making sound in train scene?
The motor chitti is using (HFPL 450s motor from hirata Japan) has having a harmonic connection gear unit.
The main functions of harmonic connection gear units are zero backlash, high positional accuracy, low vibration and a compact design.
11. When bohra asking whether you will save Einstein or Child, chitti is replying hypothetical question why?
Einstein is no more. But Bohra is taking it to be true for the purpose of argument. So chitti replying as Hypothetical question.
12. What is the name of the robot which giving flower to Vaseegaran in introductionScene?
The robot name is R2. Which is the name of the robots in Star War movie also. Shankar may be used it to attract children. But according to santhanam the robot name is Aluminia kundan.
13. What about the dialogues in the movie?
They are really excellent. When chitti finds vaseegaran in robot group he will say “he is the Trojan”. Trojan is a virus which will look like the original one but will hack the system. So that dialogue is really nice.
14. Any special director touch in the movie?
Yes. When glasses are broken due to the over sound, with the window glasses also one of the man spectacles also will broken. I enjoyed it.
15. We are not able to understand what is tortoise paradox convergence series with Achilles? This will be asked in the AIRD approval.
Achilles is in a footrace with the tortoise. Achilles allows the tortoise a head start of 100 meters. If we suppose that each racer starts running at some constant speed (one very fast and one very slow), then after some finite time, Achilles will have run 100 meters, bringing him to the tortoise’s starting point. During this time, the tortoise has run a much shorter distance, say, and 10 meters. It will then take Achilles some further time to run that distance, by which time the tortoise will have advanced farther; and then more time still to reach this third point, while the tortoise moves ahead. Thus, whenever Achilles reaches somewhere the tortoise has been, he still has farther to go. Therefore, because there are an infinite number of points Achilles must reach where the tortoise has already been, he can never overtake the tortoise. So this is what the explanation given by chitti in AIRD approval.
16. Is there anyway vaseegaran will prevent chitti from seeing aishwariya rai(SMS message just for comedy)Yes. He needs to include the following program line.if (figure==sana)
With this I am signing off.