Install/Enable NetBEUI Under WinXP
If for some reason you need to install NetBEUI then follow these instructions.
**Note – You will need the WinXP CD in order to to this!
Support for the NetBIOS Extended User Interface protocols (also called NetBEUI or NBF) in Windows XP has been discontinued. If your configuration requires temporary use of NetBEUI for Windows XP, follow these steps:
To install the NETBEUI protocol:
- Locate the Valueadd/msft/net/netbeui directory on your Windows XP CD.Copy nbf.sys into the %SYSTEMROOT%SYSTEM32DRIVERS directory.
- Copy netnbf.inf into the %SYSTEMROOT%INF directory.
- In Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections and then click Network Connections.
- Right-click the connection you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click the INSTALL button to add the NetBEUI protocol.