You can have Word, Excel, and PowerPoint open automatically into a folder you specify instead of the My Documents folder. To change the default file location, follow these steps for Word, Excel, or PowerPoint:
- Choose Tools > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, do one of the following:
- In Word, select the File Locations tab. In the File Types list, select Documents and then click Modify. In the Modify Location dialog box, navigate to the folder you’d like Word to use and click OK
- In Excel, select the General tab. Type the path name of the location you’d like to use as a default in the Default File Location text box
- In PowerPoint, select the Save tab. Type the path name of the location you’d like to use as a default in the Default File Location text box
- Click OK in the Options dialog box to apply the changes.