Tips for making perfect!
This curry noodles recipe is a condensed version of an ancient Thai noodle dish called “Kao Soy”. Since it would take an hour or more to make the original recipe.
- 150 grams Hokkien Noodles
- 200 grams Shrimp, shelled and devein
- 50 grams Beansprouts, removed tail
- 1/2 Slice Fish cake, thinly sliced
- 5 Pieces Tau pok, cut into slices
- 1/2 Chicken
- 2 Liters Water
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cooking oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 5 Shallots
- 2.5 Tablespoons Chili paste
- 1 Tablespoons Turmeric power
- 1/4 Teaspoon Meat curry powder
- 2 cm Galangal
- 2 cm Ginger
- 2 Stalks Lemon grass
- 500 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Nampla (fish sauce)
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Chicken stock granules
How to make a Thai Curry Noodle
- Bring water to boil and cook the chicken for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot and slice off the breast, Return the remainder of the chicken to the stock in the pot and continue to simmer for an extra 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in another saucepot and fry the ground spice ingredients until fragrant for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain chicken stock into the friend ground spice and add in coconut milk.
- Bring to a low simmering boil then add tau pok and seasoning to taste.
- Scald noodles, bean sprouts and prawn separately, Remove and sea side.
- To serve, arrange noodles in individual serving bowls.
- Add bean sprouts, shredded chicken, shrimps and fish cake on top.
- Pour in some spicy soup and add pieces of tau pok.
- Top with garnishing then serve lovely, spicy noodle soup immediately.
Try this recipe out and let me know if it works out for you. Feel free to modify or adjust each recipe to suit your own tastes. If you find a good variation, let me know on comments section!
Have a great day everyone!