Posting a very simple mutton curry …
- Marinate 1/2 kg (500 gms) of mutton (lamb) in 1 cup curd,1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,2 tsps coriander pwd,1/4 tsp garam masala pwd,1/4 tsp turmeric pwd,1 tsp red chilli pwd,1/2 tsp jeera pwd(cumin pwd)and salt for half an hour.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a cooking dish and add whole garam masala [3 green cardamoms,6 cloves,1″ dalchini (cinnamon sticks)] and let them fry for 5 seconds.
- Now add 1 cup of sliced onions and 3 slit green chillis and fry till transparent.
- Now add the mutton marinade and mix well.Let it cook in its own water on medium heat till oil seperates.
- Now add 2 cups of water,cover and cook the mutton till soft on slow fire.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg pwd(called jaaji kaaya podi in telugu) before you turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and your mutton curry is ready to serve with hot rice or rotis.
This is a very simple and easy mutton curry that I often make.A typical andhra style mutton curry and tastes good..