- Toor Dal 1/2 Cup
- Green Chili 6
- Garlic pods 2
- Jeera Seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Small onions 4
- Tomato 1
- Tamarind a small ball
- Grated tender coconut 3/4 Cup
- Mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dry Red Chili 2
- Curry leaves little
To make a paste:
- Grind tender coconut and jeera seeds in a mixcy and keep it aside.
- To a Pressure cooker add toor dal, chopped tomato, small onions, asafoetida, turmeric powder, garlic pods, green chili and add 2 cup of water.
- Pressure cook it.
- Open the cooker add salt and mash the dal.
- Add the grinder paste and boil well till raw smell goes.
- Add tamarind pulp and boil the dal.
- In a small frying pan add oil when its hot add mustard.
- When mustard splits add dry red chili and curry leaves.
- Add this to the dal.
Paruppu kulambu is great with steaming rice and aviyal… Let’s try it out and don’t forgot to drop your comments here…