- Toor dal (Tuvaram Paruppu) 1 Cup
- Curry leaves little
- Jeeragam 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dry Red Chili 3 to 4
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ghee 3 Tablespoon
- Wash the dal and add turmeric powder to the dal.
- Add water and 1 teaspoon of oil and pressure cook the dal.
- When the dal is cooked add salt and mash it well.
- Add ghee to a kadai and add mustard.
- When it splits add jeeragam, asafoetida, curry leaves and dry red chili.
- Fry for few seconds and these to the dal.
- Mix well and it is ready.
Ghee dal is ready… great with steaming rice and appalam.