The papaya (Carica papaya) is a pear shaped tropical fruit, which grows the whole year rond on palmlike trees. The skin is green when unripe and becomes yellow to red when the papaya gets ripe. The inside of the papaya is filled with black wrinkled seeds, which are normally discarded. The ripe papaya has a very typical sweet flavour with a musky note. The papaya has spherical or cylindrical shape and can weigh up to 12 kg.
Papaya is known for its digestive enzyme papain. This proteolytic enzyme aides digestion because it breaks down complex proteins. This is why papaya is used as a meat tenderizer. The activity of the papain will be lost when the papaya is cooked. The papaya is also a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and fibre.
Papaya Banana Shake – Good for cooling your body in summer and also for fair skin.
- Papaya small – 1
- Banana – 1
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Ice cream – 2 scoops
- Remove the papaya skin and clean it by removing the seeds.
- Slice the banana into pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients and blend well in a mixer.
- Cool it and serve.
- Remove the seeds and peel from the papaya. Cut the papaya in cubes. If you have time, first freeze the papaya and banana, this will give smoother drink. Combine the banana, papaya and soyamilk and mix with a blender until smooth. Add the honey and fruit juice and mix again.
- Bring the papaya smoothie to taste with the lemon juice.
- Pour the papaya smoothie in long glasses and serve with a bit of ice.
Taste it! and let me know your feedback!