- Tomato 1
- Crushed Garlic pods 3
- Tamarind a lemon size
- Dry Chili 2
- Mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
- Fenugrek (Vendhayam) 1/4 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves little
- Coriander to garnish
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Asafoetida a pinch
To make a paste:
- 1/2 teaspoon whole pepper, jeeragam 1/2 teaspoon and 1 green chili.
- Grind it in mixcy and make a powder.
- Take tamarind water and squeeze a tomato in the tamarind water.
- Add little oil to kadai and add mustard when it starts to split add fenugrek, asafoetida, curry leaves, dry red chili, turmeric powder and grinded paste, fry for a while.
- Add the tamarind water to the kadai.
- Add pressed garlic to the grind water, allow it to boil.
- Add coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
- Finally add salt.
Melagu rasam is ready, great with steaming white rice and appalam. Let’s try it out and don’t forgot to drop your comments here…