- Urid dal 1 Cup(Soak in cold water for 1 hr)
- Big Onion 1 (Finely chopped)
- Whole Pepper 1/4 Teaspoon(grind it coarsely)
To make a paste:
- Green Chili 3
- Curry Leaves a bunch
- Ginger little
- Grind and make a coarse paste.
- Grind the urid dal adding little water. It must be thick.
- Add finely chopped onion, coarsely grinded whole pepper and grinded paste.
- Add salt as needed.
- Take water in a bowl.
- Take small amount of batter, make a ball first and make a hole in the middle. It will look like a small donut.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the donut shaped vada, turn it on the other side until it becomes golden brown on both the sides.
- It goes well with coconut chutney.