- Mysore dhal 1 cup
- Rice 1 cup
- Big Onion 1
- Tomato 3
- Green Chili 4 to 5
- Garlic pods 3 to 4
- Sambar powder 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 Teaspoon
Make a coarse paste:
- Small onion 4 and 1/2 teaspoon cummin(jeeragam) seed.
- Put it into a mixcy and make a coarse paste.
- Wash the dhal and rice.
- Add oil to cooker and saute onions and curry leaves for 3 minutes.
- Add green chili and tomatoes and fry well.
- Add Sambar podi and turmeric powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the coarsely grinded paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and dhal.
- Add 3 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Close the cooker and leave 2 whistle.
- Open the cooker add 2 tablespoon of ghee and serve hot.
Serve with appalam and any vegetable curry.