Curd rice is one of the most popular finishing course in South India. There are lots of recipe around. But I found the following simple and tasty……. Believe me u will become fan of this curd rice once u taste it.
- Rice 2 Cups
- Mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
- Urid Dhal 1 Teaspoon
- Channa Dhal 1 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves a handful
- Green Chili 2 or 3
- Ginger 1 Inch
- Curd 3 to 4 Cups
- Milk 1 Cup
- Carrot grated 1/4 Cup (Optional)
- Add ginger, green chili’s and curry leaves to mixcy and grind coarsely.
- Cook rice with salt(rice should be soft).
- Add milk and curd to rice and mix well.
- Add more curd and salt if needed.
- Add oil to kadai and add mustard, when it slits add urid dhal and channa dhal.
- Add the coarsely grinded paste to the kadai and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add this to curd rice and mix well.
- Garnish with grated carrot and coriander leaves.
Yummy curd rice ready……