Cucumber Mango Salad
Cucumber is sliced into 2 inch long pieces and mixed with raw mango julienne
- Cucumber 1
- Raw Mango 1 Small
- Green Chiles 1 – 2
- Cumin Seeds a big Pinch
- Cilantro few Sprigs
- Chaat Masala few Pinches
- Salt to Taste
- Oil 1/2 tsp
Instructions for method of preparation:
- Peel, wash and julienne the raw mango.
- Wash, remove skin, discard seeds and slice the cucumber into around 2 inch long pieces.
- Wash and finely chop the cilantro leaves.
- Remove stems, wash and slice the green chiles.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and green chiles.
- Fry till cumin seeds change color, remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sliced cucumber, raw mango, cilantro, above cumin seeds and green chiles and salt.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve cucumber mango salad immediately.
Tips for making perfect!
Cucumber is sliced into 2 inch long pieces and mixed with raw mango julienne. The mixture is finally seasoned with cumin seeds oil and herbs. Serve cucumber mango salad sprinkled with chaat masala.
Makes: around 2 Servings of Cucumber Mango Salad.
Notes: Make sure not to burn the cumin seeds.
Suggestions: Adjust spice with green chiles. Make sure to add salt and chaat masala just before serving if you are planning to refrigerate the chopped cucumber.
Variations: Add finely ground black pepper and few drops of lemon juice if you wish.