Applesauce noodles are stirred with a comforting blend of margarine, sour cream, egg substitute, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, chunky applesauce, and raisins. Bake over a light sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs and top with cinnamon for a sweet treat.
- 1 (16 ounce) Package wide egg noodles
- 1 Cup reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 Cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 Cups egg substitute
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (16 ounce) Jar applesauce
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- 1/4 Cup graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
How to make a Applesauce Noodle Kugel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together margarine, sour cream, egg substitute, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and applesauce.
- Stir in noodles and raisins.
- Spread graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Pour the noodle mixture over the crumbs. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set.
- Cover with foil if it browns too quickly.
Try this recipe out and let me know if it works out for you. Feel free to modify or adjust each recipe to suit your own tastes. If you find a good variation, let me know on comments section!
Have a great day everyone!