Amaranth Leaves Sandwich
The mixture is spread on a toasted bread and layered with sliced onion and tomato
- Amaranth Leaves a Handful
- Wheat Bread 2 Slices
- Plain Yogurt 4 Tbsps
- Tomato 1 small
- Onion 1/2
- Green Chile 1 Small (optional)
- Red Chili Powder few Pinches
- Salt to Taste
Instructions for method of preparation:
- Wash and finely chop the amaranth leaves.
- Mix together yogurt, amaranth leaves, green chiles and salt.
- Wash and slice the tomato.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Remove stem, wash and finely chop the green chile.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or on a flat pan till it turns golden brown and crisp.
- Apply ghee to the bread and sprinkle salt and red chile powder on one side to taste.
- To prepare the sandwich, layer each bread slice with few spoons of prepared amaranth leaves yogurt mixture.
- Layer the sandwich with onion slices and tomato slices and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
- Cover with the other bread slice with amaranth yogurt mixture and cut the sandwich diagonally.
- Serve amaranth leaves sandwich immediately.
Tips for making perfect!
Amaranth leaves are washed and chopped up. They are then mixed with yogurt and spices. The mixture is spread on a toasted bread and layered with sliced onion and tomato.
Serve amaranth leaves sandwich immediately.
Makes: a Serving of Amaranth Leaves Sandwich.
Notes: Make sure not to leave the sandwich for long once prepared.
Suggestions: Add more yogurt amaranth mixture depending on your preference.
Variations: Avoid green chiles and add a pinch of black pepper powder instead to the yogurt.