Tips for making perfect!
|Birth name||Sonu Nigam|
|Date of Birth||30th July 1973|
|Birth Place||Faridabad, Haryana|
|Profession||Singer, Actor, Program Host, Anchor|
|Languages known||Hindi, English, Punjabi|
|Family|| Father – Agam Kumar Nigam (Singer)
Mother – Shobha Nigam
Sisters – Meenal, Neekita
Wife – Madhurima Mishra
Son – Nevaan
|Education|| School : J.D.Tyler School,Delhi
College : Delhi University (Distance Education)
|Marriage date||15th February 2002|
|Debut|| Hindi movie song – “Accha Sila Diya Tune”in Bewafa Sanam (1996)
Hindi Pop Album – Sapnon Ki Baat
Hollywood – Whitney Houston, George Michael, Michael Bolton, Cliff Richards, Mariah Carey
Bollywood – Mohd Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar Movies:
Hollywood – Half-ticket, The Sixth Sense
Bollywood – Amar Prem, Kunwara Baap, Sholay
TV show :
Actor: Sanjeev Kumar, Dilip Kumar
|Discovered by||Gulshan Kumar of T-Series.|
|Places would like to visit||Greece, Egypt and New Zealand|
|Hobbies|| * Reading books on general knowledge, philosophy, current affairs, poems, quotations, humor and biographies.
* Working out in the gym thrice a week.
* Playing table tennis and badminton whenever he finds time.
* Playing keyboards and composing songs.
* Face reading.
* Watching movies
* To sit cozily in his bed with his two sisters around and chatting with them.
|Greatly influenced by||Fauji Karamveer, the cult Haryanvi pop singer|
|His views|| Anu Malik :
“He’s very good. I feel he has an in-built orchestra, he can play so many instruments and knows his work. He should be given his due. I enjoy working with him because he’s not heavy duty, there this nice, jovial atmosphere around him which makes working fun.”
|Happiest moment||When a singer sang ‘Accha sila diya’ on stage in front of him.|
|Moments|| Memorable: When he sang in front of the Lata Mangeshkar in a function.
Embarassing: When he skipped a line or two while singing in front of her.
|First performance on the stage||At the age of three and a half he joined his father on stage to sing Late Mohammed Rafi’s popular song “Kya Hua Tera Vaada” from the film Hum Kisise Kam Nahin.|
|Private Pop albums|| Hindi :
* Sapnay Ki Baat
* Kismat, Deewana
* Chanda ki Doli
* Colours of Love
* Classically Mild
|Recorded songs in|| * Punjabi
|Changed his voice for the songs|| * sandhese aate hai….
* yeh dil dewana…
* what is mobile no…..
* tera rang balle ….
* anhkiyon se gooli…
* urmila.. urmila ……
* dil dhapaak ….
|Concert performances|| * United States
* South Africa
|As Host|| * SaReGaMa on Zee TV
* Kisme Kitna Hai Dum on Zee TV
* Life Ki Dhun in Radiocity 91 FM
|Judge|| * Indian Idol on Sony TV (for season 1 & 2)
* Sa Re Ga Ma Pa on Zee TV ‘L’il Champs International’
|Celebrity Judge|| * Indian Idol on Sony TV (for season 3)
* Amul Star Voice of India
|Anchor||The Red Ribbon Show on Star Plus (as a curtain raiser for the programme on AIDS awareness)|
|His greatest benefactor (according to him)||Gulshan Kumar and ‘Sa re ga ma pa’ programme in Zee TV|
|Solo concerts||“Simply Sonu”, in Canada & Germany (2007)|
|Facts|| * He was brought up in Delhi and a school topper.
* Both his parents and his sister Neekita are good singers.
* His father has released two highly popular albums, “Bewafaai” and “Phir Bewafaai”.
* He is a very spiritual and devout person.
* Moved from Delhi to Mumbai to seriously pursue his singing career, at the age of 19.
* He has also learnt music from Ustad Mohammad Tahir in Delhi.
* Scared of cockroaches.
* If he didn’t become a singer he would have become a scientist.
* He released a 6-disc collection of Mohammad Rafi’s 100 best songs in his memory, titled “Kal, Aaj, Aur Kal”.
* He is the first Indian singer to perform in Germany.
* In the inauguration of Harvard University’s 28th president, Dr. Drew Gilpin Faust (Nov ‘07), with the Harvard College, he sang the late Mahatma Gandhi’s favorite bhajan, “Vaishnav Jan To Tene Kahiye”.
|Awards|| * Annual Central European Bollywood Awards, Best Male Playback Singer for Om Shanti Om (2007)
* Bollywood Music and Fashion Awards, Best Male Playback Singer for Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (2006)
* Swaralaya Yesudas Award, for his outstanding performance in Music (2005).
* MTV Immies – Best Pop Album, for his album, Chanda Ki Doli (2005).
* Star Screen Award Best Male Playback, for the film Paheli (2005).
* Indian Television Award Best Singer for Miliee (2005).
* Anadolok Award for “Chanda Ki Doli” album (2005).
* Lion Gold’s Award for the film Main Hoon Na (2005).
* Teachers’ Achievement Award (2005)
* Style Icon, MTV Style Awards (2005).
* MTV Immies – Best Male Singer, for the Main Hoon Na (2004).
* National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer, for the film Kal Ho Naa Ho (2004).
* IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the film Kal Ho Naa Ho (2004).
* Bollywood Music Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the film Kal Ho Naa Ho (2004).
* Apsara Film Producers’ Guild Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the film Kal Ho Naa Ho (2004).
* Filmfare Best Male Playback Award, for the film Kal Ho Naa Ho” (2003).
* Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer- Male, for the film Saathiya (2003).
* IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the film Saathiya (2003).
* MTV Immies – Best Male Singer, for the film Saathiya (2003).
* Bollywood Music Award fpr Best Male Playback Singer for the film Saathiya (2003).
* Style Icon, MTV Style Awards (2003).
* Filmfare Best Male Playback Award, for the film Saathiya (2002).
* Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer- Male, for the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2002).
* IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the film “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham” (2002).
* Bollywood Music Award for Best Pop Singer for the album “Yaad” (2002).
* Star Screen Award Best Male Playback, for the film “Dil Chahta Hai” (2001).
* Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer, for the film “Border” (1998)
* Star Screen Award for Best Male Pop Artist (1998).
* Aashirwad Award for Best Male Singer for the film “Border” (1997).
* Sansui Viewers’ Choice Award for Best Male Singer for film “Border” (1997).
|Motto in Life||“Do not fear death. Also do good to others while you’re still alive.”|
|Ambition||“…is to do the kind of work Mother Teresa is doing.”|
|Dream to have||A peaceful and prosperous India.|
|Dream date||Marlyn Monroe|
|Philosophy of life||“Just Live and let Live!”|
|Strongholds in his life|| * His optimistic attitude towards life
* His unshakeable faith
|Quotes||“Your tomorrow has no right to complain about your today, as long as your today gives you a bliss, unknown and incomprehensible to both your yesterday, and tomorrow!”|
|Email address||[email protected], [email protected]|