Tips for making perfect!
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1984|
|Birth Place||Rawatbhata, Kota, Rajasthan|
|Family|| Father – Biswajeet Ghoshal (working as an Engineer in BARC)
Mother – Mrs. Ghoshal (PG in literature)
|Education||SIES College, Mumbai|
|Favorites|| Music Group : ABBA
Music Director : Ilayaraja
Singer : Lata Mangeshkar
Song : Jaane Kyon Log Mohabbat Kiya Kartey Hain, Kabhi Neem Neem’
|Gurus|| Classical music
Shrimati Mukta Bhide (at Mumbai).
Shri Maheshchandra Sharma (at Rajasthan).
|Languages sung||Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi|
|Debut film|| Hindi : Devdas
Tamil : Album
Kannada : Paris Pranaya
Telugu : Okkadu
Marathi : Mast Shaaradiya
Malayalam : Big B
Bengali : The Bong Connection
|Memorable hits|| * Bairi Piya, Dola Re Dola, and Silsila Ye Chahat Ka Movie: Devdas (2002)
* Dil Dooba, Wada Raha, and You Hi Tum Mujse Pyar Movie: Khakee (2004)
* Piyu Bole Movie: Parineeta (2005)
* Koi Tumsa Nahin and Pyar Ki Kahani Movie: Krrish (2006)
|Saregamapa contest||* Was 12 when she participated in the contest
* Won the children’s mega final show of ‘Saregamapa’ 1996.
* She participated second time in the Saregamapa contest against adults.
|Kalyanji|| * He convinced her parents to be in Mumbai and get her trained in music.
* She joined his ‘Kalveer academy’ and was there for one and a half years.
|Devdas|| * Sanjay Leela Bansali got impressed with her voice and offered a song in his movie Devdas
* She had sung 5 songs in this movie.
* Won a National Award for Devdas.
|Facts||* Started to learn singing at the age of 4.
* She has sung 7 songs in “Tumsa Nahin Dekha” album.
* Likes to sing with Norah Jones, international artist.
* Learnt to sing light music by listening to Lata Mangeshkar and folk by listening to Asha Bhosle.
* She enjoys Symphony and instrumental in western music.
* Has released many Bengali pop albums.
* Was a part of Ilayaraja’s concert.
|Awards|| * Tamil Nadu State Award for Sillunu oru Kadhal (2007)
* Filmfare Awards South Best Playback Singer for Sillunu oru Kadhal (2007). * National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Paheli (2006).
* Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer for Parineeta (2006). * Filmfare Award for Jism (2003)
* National Award for Devdas (2003)
* Zee-Cine Award for Devdas (2003)
* Sansui Award in for Devdas (2003)
* IIFA Award for Jism (2003)
* R.D.Burman Award (2003)
* AV-MAX Award (2003)
* Stardust Award (2003)
* National Award for the Best Female Playback Singer for Devdas (2002)
* Filmfare Best Female Playback Award for Devdas (2002)
|Her views|| About her Mother :
“She always inspired me to sing and taught me a lot. Though she doesn’t sing professionally”
Kavita Krishnamurthy :
|Her Plans|| * to come out with more independent albums
* to explore different styles of music