Tips for making perfect!
Shalini Kumar also known simply as Shalini is a south Indian film actress who debuted in the Malayalam movie Ente Mamattikkuttiyammakku at the age of three and continued to perform in many films as a child actor. After a break of several years, she returned as an adult actor to the industry in another Malayalam movie Aniyathi Pravu. She is married to actor Ajith Kumar.
Shalini Kumar started acting at the age of 3 appearing in the film Ente Mamattikkuttiyammakku in 1983 for which she won the Kerala State Award for Best Child Artiste. As a child artiste, she completed over 80 films in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu. She made her adult debut in the Malayalam movie Aniyathi Pravu which was remade in Tamil as Kadhalukku Mariyadhai. Mani Ratnam cast her in Alaipayuthey. She also acted in a Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari. After her marriage to actor Ajith Kumar, she left the film industry.
Although her mother tongue is Malayalam, she speaks fluent Tamil. She also sung one song in Amarkalam.
She was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India into a Malayala Roman Catholic household from Kerala. She did her schooling from Fatima Mat. Hr. Sec School, Adarsh Vidyalaya, Chennai and Church Park, Chennai. Her brother Richard Rishi is also an actor.
In 2008, Ajith and Shalini had a daughter, Anoushka.
In 2006, Shalini stated she enjoyed badminton and has played in a few state level tournaments.
* 1983 – Ente Mamattikkuttiyammakku (as Baby Shalini) ….Mamattukuttiyama/Tintu
* 1984 – Muthodu Muthu (as Baby Shalini) – Achimol
* 1984 – Koottinilamkili (as Baby Shalini) – Nandini Rajimol
* 1985 – “Pantham” (as Baby Shalini)( name in the movie: Asha)
* 1985 – Jeevante Jeevan (as Baby Shalini)
* 1985 – Oru Nokku Kanan (as Baby Shalini) – Chinnumol/Unnimol
* 1985 – Katha Ithu Vare – Ramya mol
* 1985 – Muhurtham Pathnonnu Muppathinu (as Baby Shalini) ….
* 1989 – Raja Chinna Roja – Chitra
* 1990 – Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari (as Baby Shalini)
* 1997 – Aniyathi Pravu – Mini
* 1997 – Kadhalukku Mariyadhai ….Mini
* 1997 – Kaliyoonjal – Ammu
* 1998 – Kaikudunna Nilavu….Veni
* 1998 – Nakshathra Tharattu – Hema
* 1998 – Sundarakilladi …… Devayani
* 1999 – Nirom – Sona
* 1999 – Prempujari….Hema
* 2000 – Amarkalam…. Mohana [She sung “Sonthakuralil paada..” song]
* 2000 – Alaipayuthey – Shakthi
* 2000 – Kannukkul Nilavu – Hema
* 2001 – Piriyadha Varam Vendum – Nithi
* Kerala State Award for Mammati Kutiammaiku
* Andhra State Award for Bramaputrudu
* Other Filmfare & Cinema Express Awards