Tips for making perfect!
|Date of Birth||19th June 1970|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Family||Father – Rajiv Gandhi (former Prime Minister)
Mother – Sonia Gandhi (President of the Indian National Congress)
Sister – Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
Brother-in-law – Robert Vadra
|Famous relatives||Great grandfather: Jawaharlal Nehru (former and first Prime Minister of India)
Great grandmother: Kamala Nehru
Grandmother: Indira Gandhi (former Prime Minister of India)
Grandfather: Feroze Gandhi (Politician)
Uncle: Sanjay Gandhi (Politician)
Aunt: Maneka Gandhi (active Politician, animal activist)
Cousin Brother: Varun Gandhi (active in politics)
|Education||* Schooling at Modern School,New Delhi
* Home schooled for most of his school years
|Constituency||Amethi , Uttar Pradesh|
|Political party||INC (Indian National Congress)|
|Jobs held||* He worked in London as a consultant with the strategy consultancy firm Monitor Group
* He currently owns a computer consultancy firm in New Delhi.
|Politics||* In May 2004, he won the Lok Sabha elections from his father’s constituency of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh and won a landslide majority. He won by a margin 300,500 votes.
* His sister Priyanka was his campaign manager.
* He concentrates mainly on constituency issues and the politics of Uttar Pradesh.
* Is Member, Committee on Home Affairs
* Was made Congress general secretary and inducted into the Congress Working Committee on September 24, 2007. Will be in charge of the Youth Congress and the National Students Union of India (NSUI)
|Cricket||He and his sister, Priyanka went to Karachi and watched the first ODI match between India and Pakistan in March 2004 and the public in Pakistan were happy to see them.|
|Controversies||* Newsweek alleged in late 2006 that he had not completed his degrees at Harvard and Cambridge or kept his job at the Monitor Group.
*He says that if anyone from the Gandhi-Nehru family had been active in politics then, the Babri Masjid would not have fallen.
*He says once the Gandhi family decides on something, it makes sure that is accomplished — whether it is throwing out the British, breaking up Pakistan or taking India into the 21st century.
* According to him Bachchans are liars
|Special Interests||* Promotion of primary education
* Issues related to the empowerment of the dalits and other oppressed sections of society
* Preservation of marine environment
* International Affairs
|Pastimes||Reading, internet, listening to music, playing chess and flying|
|Sports and Clubs||* Scuba diving, swimming, cycling, playing squash, target shooting; Member, Indian Habitat Centre
* Excelled in rifle shooting
|Social And Cultural Activities||Associated with :
* Rajiv Gandhi Foundation
* Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
* Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Trust
* Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust
* Rajiv Gandhi Computer Shiksha Kendra
|Veronique||She is an architect and met her when he was studying in England.|
|Facts||* He was 14 years old when his grandmother, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, was assassinated by her security men.
* Incidentally, he is the same age as his late uncle Sanjay Gandhi was when he won the elections from Amethi years ago.
* Like his father he trained at a shooting range in the Aravalli ranges near Delhi.
*He was not admitted to St Stephen’s on merit, but from the sports quota.
* Media enquiries report that he attended under the alias “Rahul Vinci”.
|Goal||“There is a work that my father had started, a dream he had dreamt. I come to you today saying…allow me to turn that dream into reality”|
|About him||Dr Anil Wilson, the principal of St Stephen’s College: “He was a diligent student. He had no airs about the famous family he belonged to. I think he left college because of security concerns. We really did not get an opportunity to assess his academic brilliance.”
Astrologers: Communicator. Social, outgoing. Sees and blends opposites/both sides of an issue. Vivacious, quick, flexible, versatile, lively and changeable. Mentally ambitious.
12, Tughlak Lane,
New Delhi- 110 011.
Tels. (011) 23014481, 23014161Permanent:
Tel (011) 23012686
Fax (011) 23018550