Nicole Kidman (Nicole Mary Kidman) is an Australian actress who was crowned as the highest paid actress in the film industry in 2006. Her breakthrough role was in a thriller movie of 1989, Dead Calm. After that there was no stopping for Kidman. She received a Star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood in 2003.
Kidman’s first appearance in films was when she was just fifteen year-old. She appeared in Pat Wilson music video in 1983 for the song Bop Girl. Kidman also has several vocal performances;. With Ewan McGregor she was on her debut song “Come What May,” a film soundtrack and it peaked at 27 in the UK Singles Chart.
- In 2003 Best Actress in a Leading Role for The Hours
Golden Globe Awards
- In 1996 Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for To Die For
- In 2002 Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for Moulin Rouge!
- In 2003 Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama for The Hours
MTV Movie Awards
- In 2002 Best Female Performance for Moulin Rouge!
- In 2002 Best Musical Sequence for Moulin Rouge!
- In 2003 – The Hours
- Suzanne Stone Maretto – To Die For
- Virginia Woolf – The Hours
- Satine – Moulin Rouge!
What Nicole Quoted
- On receiving her star on the Walk of Fame she said, “I’ve never been so excited to have people walk all over me for the rest of my life.”
- On Dogville in the year 2003 she said, “One day it would be a fairytale, the next it was a nightmare. Lars was gentle with me – he was gentle and soft, then he would beat me up emotionally when he felt he needed that. I did not always register what was happening until afterwards but you shouldn’t have too much awareness as an actor…”
- She was listed in “People Weekly”s “Most Intriguing People” list. (December 25 1995/January 1st 1996 issue)
- She was named for one of People Magazine’s ’25 Most Intriguing People of 2001′.
- She was named E!’s Celebrity of the Year in 2001.
- Named Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainer of The Year for 2001.
- She was named for one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- Nicole received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on 13th January 2003.
- She was ranked No.31 in Premiere’s 2003 annual Power 100 List. She was ranked No.83 in 2002.
- She was voted the 5th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine – September 2002.
- By Premiere Magazine she was ranked as No.48 on a list of the Greatest Movie Stars of All Time in their Stars in Our Constellation feature (2005).
- By One People Magazine’s she was among “50 Most Beautiful People” for most wanted skin (2004)
- She has been ranked as No.69 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005″ special supplement. (2005)