Tips for making perfect!
Kate Winslet (or Kate Elizabeth Winslet) is an English actress and best known for her critically acclaimed performances as Juliet Hulme in Heavenly Creatures (1994) and Rose DeWitt Bukater in the highest-grossing film of all time. She has also been popular for the mega film Titanic (1997).
Winslet is the winner of a BAFTA and SAG Award. She has been nominated to Oscar five times. In fact she broke the record of becoming the youngest person to receive two Oscar nominations. She was then just 22 years old.
Kate’s career began as a television artist. She co-starred in the BBC children’s science fiction serial Dark Season in 1991. In 1992 she appeared in the made-for-tv movie Anglo-Saxon Attitudes and in 1993 she acted in an episode of medical drama, Casualty.
Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Date of Birth: October 5, 1975
Place of Birth: Berkshire, England
Nick Name English Rose
Alternate Names: Kate Elizabeth Winslet
Height: 5′ 6″ (1.68 m)
Academy Award for Best Actress for The Reader (2008)
Golden Globe Awards
Best Actress (Drama) for Revolutionary Road and Best Supporting Actress for The Reader
Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Sense and Sensibility in 1995.
- 2008 – Revolutionary Road, The Reader
- 2006 – The Holiday, Flushed Away, Little Children, All the King’s Men
- 2005 – Romance & Cigarettes
- 2004 – Finding Neverland, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- 2003 – The Life of David Gale
- 2001 – Iris, Christmas Carol: The Movie, Enigma
- 2000 – Quills
- 1999 – Holy Smoke!, Faeries
- 1998 – Hideous Kinky
- 1997 – Titanic
- 1996 – Hamlet, Jude
- 1995 – Sense and Sensibility, A Kid in King Arthur’s Court
- 1994 – Heavenly Creatures
- 1991 – Dark Season (TV series)
- Juliet Hulme – Heavenly Creatures
- Marianne Dashwood – Sense and Sensibility
- Rose DeWitt Bukater – Titanic
- Young Iris Murdoch – Iris
- Clementine Kruczynski – Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Sarah Pierce – Little Children
- Iris Simpkins – The Holiday
- Kate won a Grammy for the Best Spoken Word Album for Children in the year 2000.
- Kate was the youngest actress ever to be nominated for two Academy Awards (for Sense and Sensibility in 1995 and Titanic in 1997). She was then aged 20 and 22 respectively. 
- She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress, according to Manchester Evening News Award for her theatre role in “What the Butler Saw” as Geraldine Barclay. 
- She was chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world in the 1996.
- Kate has sung in 5 of her films.
- She missed the premiere of Titanic in 1997 because she was attending the funeral of a close friend and former boyfriend, Stephen Tredre.
- She married to director Sam Mendes in a private ceremony whilst on holiday in the West Indies in May, 2003.
- She was nominated for the Best Supporting Actress, Premiere Magazine for Sense and Sensibility in the year 1995.
- She won the Best Film Actress award, Smash Hits Magazine. 
- She Won Sexiest Actress award at Entertainment Insider Awards in 1998.
- She was nominated for Best Actress, Roughcut.com Internet Movie Award for Holy Smoke (1999) in the year 2000.
- She was nominated for Best Spoken Word Album for Children, Grammy Awards, shared with Graham Greene in 1999.
- she is the youngest actress, as of 2007, to rack-up 5 Oscar nominations.
- She won the Best Actress, Toronto Film Festival for Heavenly Creatures (1994), shared with Melanie Lynskey in the year 1995.
- She was Runner-Up for Best Actress, New York Film Critics Circle for Holy Smoke in the year 1999.
- She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress, Rec.Arts.Movies. Critics Circle for Quills in 2000.
- She was Runner-Up for Best Actress, National Society of Film Critics for Holy Smoke in the year 1999.
- She was Runner-Up for Best Actress, New York Film Critics Circle for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind in the year 2004.