Ladies finger is a very useful vegetable and inexpensive medicine, as it is available practically round the year in India. Its use to boost sexual vigour and reduce excess menstrual blood. Due to its sweet taste, cold potency, vata-pitta pacifier nature, strength promoting aphrodisiac qualities, it is a very useful to ladies close to menopause. It is found beneficial in leucorrhoea and dysuria also.
In general, most anti-diabetic herbs boost fertility, as basically diabetes is an anti-fertility disease.
Take two pieces of Lady Finger (Bhindi) and remove/cut both ends of each piece. Also put a small cut in the middle and put these two pieces in glass of water. Cover the glass and keep it at room temperature during
night. Early morning, before breakfast simply remove two pieces of lady finger (bhindi) from the glass and drink that water.
Keep doing it on daily basis.
Within two weeks, you will see remarkable results in reduction of your
Health Benefits of Lady’s Finger :
- 1) The vegetable is a good provider of good bacteria called the probiotics. Probiotics helps in biosynhtesis of vitamin B. They also help in proliferation
just like the yoghurt.
- 2) Nurture you hair : Lady’s Finger can be applied to hair as the last rinse to make your hair bounce.
Follow the steps ahead
- Slice the lady’s finger horizontally and boil it till the is brew is slim.
- Cool it off and add few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Apply this to your hair and enjoy the bouncy look.
- Lady’s finger has other health benefits as mentioned below.
- Excellent laxative.
- Treats Bowels.
- Heals Ulcers.
- Soothes the gastrointestinal tract.
Lady finger is also known as Okra. It is a very valuable source of nutrition. It can help with the following health conditions:
- It helps relieve constipation
- It helps control blood sugar as it curbs the rate at which sugar is absorbed from the intestinal tract.
- It helps in healing acid reflux
- It contains soluble fibre which helps in controlling the cholesterol level in our bodies.
- It contains insoluble fiber too which keeps the intestinal track healthy.
- Lady Finger helps in reducing risks of deadly diseases like cancer.
- Lady fingers are especially beneficial for the control of colo-rectal cancer
- Human body is recommended to have a certain level of vitamin B 6 and folic acid. Half a cup of cooked Lady fingers provide nearly 10% of the recommended levels of vitamin B6 and folic acid.
Here are some nutritional facts of Lady fingers:
Okra Nutrition (half-cup cooked Lady Finger) contains:
- Calories : 25
- Dietary Fiber : 2 grams
- Protein : 1.5 grams
- Carbohydrates : 5.8 grams
- Vitamin A : 460 IU
- Vitamin C : 13 mg
- Folic acid : 36.5 micrograms
- Calcium : 50 mg
- Iron : 0.4 mg
- Potassium : 256 mg
- Magnesium : 46 mg
To retain the nutrients present in lady fingers, it should be cooked as little as possible, eg with low heat or lightly steamed. You can even eat it raw.