Produced by her husband Udhayanidhi Stalin under the banner Red Giant Movies, the film features Mirchi Shiva and Priya Anand in the lead roles. It received ‘U’ certificate from Central Board of Film Certification.
Movie: Vanakkam Chennai
Directed by Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi
Produced by Udhayanidhi Stalin
Star Cast: Mirchi Shiva as Ajay, Priya Anand as Anjali, Santhanam, Rahul Ravindran as Deepak, Urvashi, Manobala, Pandi, Aarthi, Swaminathan, Misha Ghoshal
Music: Anirudh Ravichander
Cinematography: Richard M. Nathan
Editing: T. S. Suresh
Studio: Red Giant Movies
Comedy sells and it’s a perfect way to launch a career. Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi seems to be in the know. Even as her short film ‘Life’ was screened in international film festivals, she chose to test the commercial waters in Tamil movies. Her Vanakkam Chennai has been creating a lot of buzz and excitement laying the perfect foundation for an enthusiastic release. Considering reasons to watch? Read on.
- Udhayanidhi Stalin generally knows what he is doing – be it production or acting. Red Giant Movies is producing the movie and though it is a family venture, it is a huge endorsement in itself. Besides, Udhayanidhi also said in an interview that “the movie will make you forget your worries with its non-stop entertainment.”
- The very interesting star cast that includes Mirchi Siva and Priya Anand in lead roles alongside the comedy superstar Santhanam looks promising.
- Though we know precious little about the movie and its premise, the teaser and trailer look curious and eager to please. So it is safe to say that we are in for a sensible comedy treat.
- Anirudh – one of the major names associated with the movie has already done his bit by catapulting the movie’s music to stardom.
- The Chennai City Gangsta video has scored brownie points for the movie’s music and Anirudh’s association with Hip-hop Thamizha Aadhi and Hard Kaur has raked up the popularity meter.
- The film received a U certification, endorsing its clean content which is also another huge selling point for commercial movies.
The film’s score and soundtrack is composed by Anirudh Ravichander. The album was released on 27 July 2013 at Suryan FM and reached top spot in iTunes India Top Album category within few days of its release.
The album consists of seven songs and he will be teaming up with Vishal Dadlani for Oh Penne song. Also in the album are Singers Arjun, Vishal Dadlani, Hiphop Tamizha, Pragathi Guruprasad from ‘Super Singer’ & Hard Kaur.
Lyrics for “Engadi Porandha” was written by Vignesh Shivan, director of Poda Podi.
|1.||“Hey!”||Na. Muthukumar||Papon, Maria Roe Vincent||04:34|
|2.||“Osaka Osaka”||Madhan Karky||Anirudh Ravichander, Pragathi Guruprasad||06:09|
|3.||“Oh Penne”||Na. Muthukumar||VishalDadlani, Anirudh Ravichander,Arjun||04:35|
|4.||“Chennai City Gangsta”||Hiphop Tamizha||Anirudh Ravichander, Hard Kaur,Hiphop Tamizha, Country Chicken||04:17|
|5.||“Engadi Porandha”||Vignesh Shivan||Anirudh Ravichander, Andrea Jeremiah||03:23|
|6.||“Ailasa Ailasa”||Madhan Karky||Anirudh Ravichander, Suchitra||04:04|
|7.||“Oh Penne (International)”||Arjun||Arjun, Anirudh Ravichander, Charles Bosco||03:29|