SouthDreamz.com bring you the exclusive feature on best 63 things about Superstar Rajnikanth…
1. Rajnikanth‘s mother Ram Bhai passed away at his age of 5. his father Ramoji was a police constable.
2. Everyone knows that Rajnikanth was a bus conductor, but he was an excellent carpenter as well.
3. Rajnikanth‘s style won him more offers in Bollywood.
4. He has paired with Amitabh Bachchan in 3 Hindi films.
5. ‘Baasha‘ happened to be a great turning point in his career.
6. Though Rajnikanth‘s mother tongue is ‘Marathi’, he hasn’t acted even in that single regional film.
7. He holds special mentioning for introducing punch dialogues in Tamil film industry.
8. Our superstar has acted in 153 Films: (11 Kannada, 2 Malayalam, 16 Telugu, 22 Hindi, 1 Bengali, 1 English and other Tamil films).
9. Rajnikanth has the biggest fans club in India (around 50,000)
10. Usually Rajnikanth doesn’t celebrate his birthday in Chennai. For the first time, he spends this occasion with his family since his daughter Aishwarya Dhanush has conceived again.
11. He made his debut with ‘Apoorva Raagagangal‘ and became Rajnikanth from Shivaji Rao Gaekwad.
12. He recently transformed his Raghavendra Kalyana Mandapam as charitable trust.
13. He doesn’t publicize his charitable activities and has been donating more funds for the education of poor and underprivileged children.
14. He is planning to build school and hospital near the outskirts of Chennai.
15. The first film to project him as a hero was ‘Bhuvana Oru Kelvikuri‘ where Sivakumar was first portrayed with bad man image.
16. He fasted for 40 days before shooting for ‘Sri Raghavendra‘.
17. Rajnikanth was often called as ‘Style King‘ and later Kalaipuli S Dhanu ennobled him as Superstar with ‘Bhairavi‘.
18. 12 films of Rajnikanth have remake of Amitabh Bachchan Hindi movies.
19. The first film to mention Rajnikanth’s movie was ‘Naan Potta Sattam’. (Rajnikanth‘s ‘Naan Potta Saval‘).
20. He practices Yoga everyday.
21. He spends most of his leisure times in Kellambakkam bungalow.
22. He visits Himalayas at least once in a year.
23. His present time hobby is about playing with his grandson Yathra.
24. Loves reading books based on spirituality, politics and societal issues.
25. Has the habit of watching other regional films’ preview and will wish those film celebrities personally if he enjoyed watching them.
26. He enacted the role of Lord Krishna in a mythological film and it hasn’t released till the date.
27. Sri Priya happens to be the only actress who has paired with Rajnikanth in many films. She even played his sister’s role in a Telugu film.
28. Panchu Arunachalam has penned story and dialogues for most of Rajnkanth‘s films.
29. First film to project him without moustache was ‘Thillu Mullu‘.
30. The only film shot in his home was ‘Anbulla Rajnikanth‘ featuring Meena as a child artist… Later, she paired up as a heroine in ‘Ejaman‘.
31. First song to be crooned by Rajnikanth was ‘Adikuthu Kuliru‘ in Mannan.
32. You’ll find the proverb of ‘No Pain, No Gain‘ display in his house.
33. The climax of ‘Thalapathy’ had Rajnikanth getting shot to death. Later, it was changed as audiences were infuriated.
34. Once his portions are done, he doesn’t return to his caravan. Instead, spends rest of the time chatting with unit members.
35. His usual lunch is inclusive of Curd Rice, vegetables and fruits.
36. If he loves watching films with audiences in theatres, he covers his face with monkey cap and goes for night shows.
37. RM. Veerappan had penned the story of ‘Raanuva Veeran‘ for MGR and later Rajnikanth replaced him.
38. Most of the Hindi films featured him in the role of cop.
39. He fell in love with Lata when she was into a survey and married her on 26.02.1981.
40. He spotted with duplicate moustache for the first time in ‘Thappu Thalangal’.
41. Sivaji Ganeshan was supposed to enact the role of Rajnikanth ‘Naan Vaazha Veipaen‘. Since our superstar requested him, Sivaji offered him the chance.
42. Rajnikanth did the protagonist’s role in the Telugu remake of ‘Nizhal Nijamagiradhu‘ which was donned by Kamal Hassan in Tamil version.
43. Rajnikanth is close friend for Amitabh Bacchan and he screened special show of ‘Sivaji‘ for him in Mumbai.
44. The profit he earned through ‘Arunachalam‘ was donated to poverty-stricken technicians of Tamil film industry.
45. He has been sponsoring afternoon lunch for the physically challenged children home run by choreographer Raghava Lawrence.
46. Sachidananda Swamiji is Rajnikanth‘s spiritual guru.
47. Rajnikanth has acted in 9 films under the banner of AVM Productions.
48. He usually meets fans at his residence.
49. SP. Muthuraman is one of the instruments responsible for the star-status of Rajnikanth.
50. He has been still preserving his belongings and dress worn by him during his days as bus conductor.
51. The only film he penned the script and acted was ‘Baba‘
52. His favorite costume is white Kurtha and Pyjama.
53. Rajnikanth donned the dual roles for the first time in ‘Billa‘.
54. The first time he was spotted with a wig was in ‘Murattu Kaalai‘.
55. He never used to miss his friends on his visit to Bangalore.
56. Rajnikanth‘s favorite film is ‘Mullum Malarum‘.
57. Rajnikanth was financially supported by his friend Raj Bhaddur, who encouraged him to join film institute.
58. Rajnikanth‘s favorite cigarette brand is Marlboro. But he has reduced his smoking levels these days.
59. Once in a way he likes to taste the street foods. For this purpose, he takes a vehicle from a travel agency in T. Nagar.
60. His favorite non-veg dish is mutton head curry…
61. He Broke The Limitations That Only Fair People Can Become A Hero!
62. He Started The Famous Punch In Tamil Cinema “Idhu Eppadi Irukku“..
63. On All His Film Success Meets, His Old Friends From Bangalore Will Surely Have an Invitation, He Never Forgets Old Friends And Friendship !!
Hope you would’ve really enjoyed reading this exclusive… Let’s wish our superstar that he must continue rendering more services in field of entertainment and real life.
Rajinikanth, the super superstar at 62
From a bus conductor to one of the most admired and worshipped actor in the world, the story of Shivaji Rao Gaikwad, later rechristened Rajinikanth, could very well make a good script for a blockbuster movie. As Rajinikanth turns 62 Wednesday, members of the film fraternity look back at what still makes him a superstar.
Viji Chandrasekhar, who played Rajini’s younger sister in Tamil comedy Thillu Mullu, a Tamil remake of Hindi blockbuster Gol Maal, feels it’s his ability to treat everybody equally that makes Rajinikanth the icon he is.
“He treats everybody on sets with utmost respect and equal importance. Be it a light boy or a co-star, he doesn’t discriminate for any reason,” Viji told IANS.
She said a superstar is not someone who is always successful, but is someone who takes success and failure in the same stride and yet remains simple.
“I’ve learnt to be simple while working with him on the sets of the film. Though he plays a hero in the film, he is simple in real life. Most importantly, he knows how to take success and failure in the same stride,” she added.
On the other hand, Tamil filmmaker Lakshmy Ramakrishnan feels Rajinikanth is a superstar because he doesn’t believe he is one.
“He never believes or wanted to be called a superstar, but he is one because people made him. Superstars are not born, they are made. But if someone desperately tries to be a superstar, they’re sure to fail,” said Ramakrishnan.
Superstar Rajnikanth began his acting journey in 1975 with Tamil film Apoorva Raagangal, and has since then appeared in over 175 titles. He made his mark as a character actor in the movie Aarulirunthu Arupathu Varai. He has also featured in Bollywood films such as Bhagwan Dada, Chaalbaaz and Hum.
Having worked with Rajnikanth in four Tamil films – “Baasha“, “Veera“, “Annamalai” and “Baba” – southern filmmaker Suresh Krissna feels the actor is a superstar both on and off the screen.
“So many actors, who’ve been very successful, have come and gone, but Rajnikanth is and will remain a superstar forever. He’s the true bearer of the star tag because people love him on reel and in real life,” said Suresh Krissna, adding that Baasha is a milestone in his career.
“Every event or gathering I attended post Baasha, at least one question was asked about my experience with Rajini on the sets of the film. People started recognising me particularly for this film and the popularity I received was in explainable.”
To celebrate the success of his collaboration with the actor, Krissna is set to launch his book titled My Days with Baasha Wednesday. It will be available in all the leading book stores.
“This book will encapsulate my working experience with Rajini sir on the sets of three highly successful films. It will also feature working stills along with real anecdotes which will make for an inspiring read,” he said.
There are two other special things lined up for Rajinikanth‘s birthday – the 3D version of his blockbuster film Sivaji will be released on the same day, and another Tamil film titled Alex Pandian, which is named after the character the actor essayed in the Tamil film Moondru Mugam, will release its audio.
Long Live Superstar Rajnikanth!
We wish the ultimate superstar of Indian Cinema and Screen God of many – A Very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Shivaji Rao Gaikwad aka Rajnikanth gave Bollywood his first screen magic with ‘Andha Kanoon’ and gradually went on to make a solid impression with ‘John Jani Janardhan’ in triple role.
Then movies namely ‘Bhagwan Dada‘, ‘Asli Naqli‘, ‘Chaalbaaz‘, ‘Hum‘ made Rajnikanth look prominent in spite of being in supporting characters or as second lead.
But what fed this Maharashtrian Bangalore-based conductor to rise to stardom is the huge amount of love and adulation which he received from the south movies.
From an actor, Rajnikanth turned into a star, then superstar and now a living legend and a worldwide phenomenon…. No other star is being showered with flowers, money garlands and milk with so much frenzy by fans over the globe.
Even at this age of 62, Rajnikanth is still being worshipped as the God of Acting. No other screen icon would be enjoying such a huge status, as to having ‘punch’ jokes penned only for him… Nothing is impossible for him on screen… That’s why he is called – Rajnikanth. The name tells it all…..
Come on, post your wishes to Rajnikanth Sir here!