Star Cast: Siddharth, Amala Paul, Suresh , Ravi ragavendra, Surekha Vani, Sri Ranjini, Balaji, Shyam, Dhanya, Arjun (Introducing), Vignesh (Introducing), Pooja (Introducing)
Written & Directed by Balaji Mohan
Produced by S.Sashikanth
Co-Produced by Nirav Shah, Siddharth
Cinematography: Nirav Shah
Choreography Chinni Prakash, Gayathri Raguram
Production Controller Sundarraj
Sound Design & Mixing AM studios
Sound Effects Vijay Ratnam, Audiography Sivakumar, DI Prime Focus, Lab Prasad Lab
Arun has had a bad breakup with his girlfriend Parvathi after a year-long relationship. This comes as a dramatic incident in his otherwise smooth life. He finds it hard to cope with it at first but then loses hope on love completely. He then starts narrating to us about how men and women generally mess up in love from the incidents that happen around him. There’s Vignesh who is interested in a girl in the college who doesn’t even know that he likes her; Siva who keeps giving wrong advice to Vignesh, Parvathi’s parents who are on the verge of a divorce after 20 years of marriage and other mess-ups. Amidst all this he tells us how his relationship with Parvathi got messed up. Whether all these mess ups get resolved or not forms the rest of the story.
- Film shoot started off on Sept 26, just 6 months later now the film is already nearing a release in both Tamil and Telugu
- Because of intense planning and efficient execution the film shoot in both languages combined took just 40 days!
- The film’s journey began from the hit short film by Balaji Mohan which went viral on youtube, getting more than 4 lakh views in just a week.
- The short film caught, cinematographer Nirav Shah’s attention and he reached through to Balaji Mohan.
- This is the first short film in India made into a feature
- The film features an ensemble cast which includes senior character artists which include yesteryear hero Suresh, Ravi Ragavendhar, Surekha Vani, Sriranjani, RJ Balaji, VJ Shyam and new faces Arjun, Vignesh and VJ Pooja
- Within 4days both Tamil and Telugu trailers together had a 2 lakh hits in youtube
- Balaji mohan did his first short film “Vellicham” when he was doing his engineering. His venture started after his parents got him a handy camera.
- Balaji Mohan worked as an assistant for the film Drohi after which he got into Nalaya Iyakunar on Kalaignar tv
- Balaji Mohan had already in the middle of script work for a feature length version of the short film when Mr. Nirav Shah approached him . Mr.Nirav Shah introduced Balaji to Mr.Sashikanth.
- Mr.Sashikanth is the head of YNOT STUDIOS
- “Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi” is third film produced by Mr.Sashikanth’s YNOT STUDIOS after “Tamil Padam” and “Va Quarter Cutting”
- Balaji Mohan submitted a fully complete bound dialogue script to the producer.
- Balaji Mohan and Ynot Studios worked on the script of KSY for almost one year time and had a perfect pre-production for the shoot…From there “KSY” kicked off…
- Siddharth had seen the short film long back on youtube himself and had been searching for Balaji Mohan.
- YNOT studios took this to Siddharth
- Siddharth was impressed by the script and gave an immediate go ahead.
- Mr.Sashikanth brought Siddharth and Nirav Shah on board as Co-producers.
- Siddharth banner ETAKI ENTERTAINMENT is Co-producing KSY .
- S.S.Thaman’s association with Balaji Mohan started off from another youtube hit short film “Mittaai Veedu” which also went viral.
- Balaji had already made a pact with S.S.Thaman that his first feature would have his music.
- Balaji says that S.S.Thaman was one of the first people from the industry who came forward offering to work with him.
- The 2 have come together to cook up a rocking soundtrack, which will stand out among all of S.S.Thaman’s albums.
- With the collaboration of S.S.Thaman’s “Boys” buddy Siddharth, the songs have turned out to be an absolute riot!
- Siddharth has sung two songs in this film.
- Lyricist Karky has written 3 songs in the film
- The film features Karky’s 50th song
- There are 4 tracks in this album.
- “Parvathi…Parvathi” is sung by Siddharth
- “Azhaipaya Azhaipaya” is sung by Karthik & Harini
- “Ananda Jaladosam” is sung by Siddharth
- “Thavarugal Unargirom” is sung by S.S.Thaman
- Balaji Mohan has written the lyrics for one song and also choreographed the song in the film.